Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my brand new blog!  I wanted a space where I could share tried and true recipes, tips and thoughts that may inspire you, or better yet, save you some cashola!  Trust me when I say that anything I post here is  something I have either done, made or really truly believe in.  It takes alot to impress me, and if a recipe wows me, a craft inspires me, or I find a way to save a buck or two, I'll be sure to pass it on to you! 

The very first idea I want to share is one I found in Redbook magazine, and I think it's nothing short of genius!  Save just $3 a day from now until the end of the year, that's $21 a week.  Have it automatically deducted from your pay and put it in a savings account.  It's money you won't even miss, and by the end of the year, you'll have $1092.00!!  That's just too easy and too great not to do it!  Go on, try and and see how great you feel when the holidays roll around at the end of the year and you have a nest-egg in place for it!  Woo hoo!!

It wouldn't be a blog of mine if I didn't also share a fantastic recipe with you.  With it being a New Year, and everyone is trying to eat healthier (at least for a little while!) I thought I'd share one of my very favorite low cal, low fat treats.  I have a sweet tooth, and this treat satisfies it.  The whole family loves this too, so share it with yours.  They'll never guess it's low fat/low cal!  At 150 calories per serving, it can't be beat.  This recipe makes 4 servings.

Frozen Hot Chocolate
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup fat free milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups ice cubes
reduced fat whipped topping and or chocolate shavings

1. Combine chocolate syrup, milk and vanilla and ice in blender.  Pulse until smooth.  2.  Pour into glasses and garnish with low fat whipped topping and chocolate shavings, if desired.

Variation:  Substitute 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract for the vanilla extract.  This is our fave...tastes like a York Peppermint Patty! 

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I just love you! I thank God that he brought us together after all these years. You truly are A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Thank you for dedicating your time to make all of our lives better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, you make me smile! I thank God for you too..He has blessed me with a very dear friend :)I'm so glad to be able to share things with the rest of the world, and I hope you all enjoy them and use them as much as I do! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete